Description: Divine champions are mighty warriors who dedicate themselves to their deity’s cause, defending holy ground, destroying enemies of the church, and slaying mythical beasts and clerics of opposed faiths. For deities that do not count paladins among their followers, divine champions fill the role of the church-sponsored warrior.
Most divine champions come from a combat or military background. Barbarians, fighters, monks, paladins, and rangers are the most common divine champions, but some of the more militant clerics and druids decide to become divine champions. Bards, rogues, sorcerers, and wizards rarely become divine champions unless they are particularly devout and skilled in warfare.
Hit Die: d10
Proficiencies: No additional proficiencies are gained
Skills: Craft armor, Craft trap, Craft weapon, Discipline, Heal, Lore, Parry, Ride, Spot
Base Attack Bonus: +1/level
To qualify as a divine champion, a character must fulfill all of the following criteria:
Base Attack Bonus: +7
Feats: Weapon Focus in the deity’s favored weapon.
Patron: A divine champion must have a patron deity, and it must be the deity of which she is a champion.
- Level 1 Lay on hands
- Level 2 Bonus feat, Sacred defense
- Level 3 Smite Infidel 1/day
- Level 4 Bonus feat, Sacred defense
- Level 5 Divine wrath
- In order to play this class, the character must follow the tenants of their patron's beliefs and code of conduct. The character is expected to be a holy warrior of their patron and stepping outside of these bounds will force an atonement issue or a loss of all class abilities.
- As a 5-level class, the Divine Champion class does not have epic levels.