Description: It is rumored that the magical powers of sorcerers and bards are somehow connected to the presence of dragon blood in their family tree. Dragon Disciples are sorcerers, and sometimes bards, who use their magical power as a catalyst to ignite their dragon blood, realizing its fullest potential. They prefer a life of exploration to a cloistered existence. Already adept at magic, many pursue adventure, especially if it furthers their goal of finding out more about their draconic heritage. They often feel drawn to areas known to harbor dragons.
Hit Die: d6. Special (see below)
Proficiencies: No additional proficiencies are gained
Base Attack Bonus: +3/4 levels
To qualify as a dragon disciple, a character must fulfill all of the following criteria:
Special Abilities & Feats
- Level 1 Draconic Armor (+1 AC), Hit Die Increase (d6)
- Level 2 Dragon Abilities (+2 Strength)
- Level 3 Dragon Breath (2d10 Fire Damage)
- Level 4 Dragon Abilities (+2 Strength), Hit Die Increase (d8)
- Level 5 Draconic Armor (+1 AC)
- Level 6 Hit Die Increase (d10)
- Level 7 Dragon Breath (4d10 Fire Damage), Dragon Abilities (+2 Constitution)
- Level 8 Draconic Armor (+1 AC)
- Level 9 Dragon Abilities (+2 Intelligence), Wings
- Level 10 Dragon Breath (6d10 Fire Damage), Dragon Abilities (+4 Strength, +2 Charisma), Draconic Armor (+1 AC), Half-Dragon: Darkvision, Immunity to Fire, Immunity to Paralysis, Immunity to Sleep
Tip: Becoming a Red Dragon Disciple
Epic Dragon Disciple
Embracing his draconic heritage is but one stop on the disciple's life journey. His quest to understand and harness his draconic energies has taken him into the realm of the epic.
Hit Die: d12
Skill Points: 2 + Int modifier
Bonus Feats: The epic dragon disciple gains a bonus feat every four levels. In other words, at levels 14, 18, 22, 26, and 30.
Epic Bonus Feats
Epic Selectable Class Feats
NOTE: The dragon disciple's Draconic Armor becomes epic. Every 5 levels after level 10 it increases by +1
- Your breath weapon damage potential increases by 1d10 for every 3 levels after 10th.
- The save DC against your breath weapon increases by +1 every 4 levels after 10th.
Dragon Disciple Types
When you take your first level of Dragon Disciple, you will get a bonus feat. You MUST use this feat to choose a "Dragon Disciple Type:" feat which will represent the type of dragon in your character's heritage. This will also have an effect on your class abilities at later levels. You must take the dragon type that you and the DM running your PRC quest agreed on. Also, even though they may be available, DO NOT take a second dragon type feat. Doing so will, at best, mess up your character or at worst get you banned if we determine you did this as an attempt to exploit the class.
- Black Dragon Disciple: Acid Immunity, Acid Breath, Black wings, Usually Chaotic Evil
- Blue Dragon Disciple: Electrical Immunity, Electrical Breath, Blue Wings, Usually Lawful Evil
- Brass Dragon Disciple: Fire Immunity, Fire Breath, Brass Wings, Usually Chaotic Good
- Bronze Dragon Disciple: Electrical Immunity, Electrical Breath, Bronze Wings, Usually Lawful Good
- Copper Dragon Disciple: Acid Immunity, Acid Breath, Copper Wings, Usually Chaotic Good
- Gold Dragon Disciple: Fire Immunity, Fire Breath, Gold Wings, Usually Lawful Good
- Green Dragon Disciple: Acid Immunity, Acid Breath, Green Wings, Usually Lawful Evil
- Silver Dragon Disciple: Cold Immunity, Cold Breath, Silver Wings, Usually Lawful Good
- White Dragon Disciple: Cold Immunity, Cold Breath, White Wings, Usually Chaotic Evil
Special Dragon Disciple Types
- Tiamat and Bahamut sometimes reward loyal mortal servants by granting them draconic powers. These become Shadow Dragon Disciples and Platinum Dragon Disciples.
Shadow Dragon Disciple
- Champions of Tiamat are granted the powers of the fearsome shadow dragon. These DD's become attuned to the negative energy and shadow planes, giving them a natural ability to hide. They often work for Tiamat as spies and assassins.
- Immunity: High Negative Energy Resistance
- Breath Weapon: Pure negative energy
- Wings: Black
- Alignment: Always Evil, Almost always Lawful
- Special: +3 Hide, +3 Move Silently
Platinum Dragon Disciple
- Bahamut blesses his champions with some of His own abilities. PDD's have keen senses and a natural respect for all life. They often serve as guardians and protectors.
- Immunity: Cold Immunity
- Breath Weapon: Sonic Blast
- Wings: Silver
- Alignment: Always Good, Almost always Lawful
- Special: +3 Spot, +3 Listen
- Dragon Disciple is rarely given out on Hala. If you are interested in playing a DD send a pm to the Hala Team forum account (or the team of the world your character is a native of) outlining your character concept BEFORE creating the character.